The Department for Transport has announced grant funding to develop innovative technologies or approaches which support zero-emission road freight across the UK.
The scheme is open to single and collaborative projects between UK registered businesses, focusing on the following strands:
- Electric road systems (feasibility studies)
- Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles (feasibility studies)
- Supply chain technology feasibility studies and industrial research
- The Small Business Research Initiative has also launched a related grant scheme focusing on the deployment of zero-emission vehicles among freight fleet operators. The purpose of this is to understand how commercially available zero-emission vehicles for road freight can be rolled out in the UK (Deadline: 21 April 2021).
- The Office for Zero Emission Vehicles has launched a related grant scheme to support projects which boost the adoption of zero-emission vehicles for commercial and special use (Deadline: 29 April 2021).
Grants of up to £10 million with up to 70% project funding.
The closing date for applications is 21 April 2021.
Our clean growth funding search tool helps you find all the latest green business funding opportunities. It’s available to all Clean Growth UK members – if you’re not a member yet, you can join for free here.