The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council has launched a research and innovation grant competition to understand sustainability implementation within the UK manufacturing sector.
This grant programme revolves around enhancing research on how manufacturing processes, systems and products can be optimised while reducing environmental impacts and maintaining desired functionality across manufacturing systems. To deliver these goals, eligible projects should focus on one or more of the following:
- Reducing resource use and reliance on raw materials
- Encouraging re-use and product integration
- Designing for greater efficiency throughout the product lifecycle
- Improving recyclability and recoverability of products
- Reducing the environmental impact of manufacturing processes and products (e.g. carbon emissions)
Share of £10 million with 80% project funding.
The closing date for applications is 20 April 2021.
Our clean growth funding search tool helps you find all the latest green business funding opportunities. It’s available to all Clean Growth UK members – if you’re not a member yet, you can join for free here.