Net Zero 360: Free sustainability course for businesses in Brighton and Hove
Solid green credentials attract customers, boost employee satisfaction, open the door to tender opportunities, and help convince investors of your long-term prospects.
Reducing waste, improving energy efficiency, and investing in renewable energy can also lower your operating costs and boost profits.
This FREE workshop, exclusively for businesses in Brighton and Hove, will help you get to grips with sustainability in your business.
- Measuring your current carbon footprint
- The most impactful sustainability steps you can take
- Creating a net zero action plan
Delivered over one day in person, the morning session will cover all the basics and get you up to speed, before you stop for lunch and have time to network with fellow businesses. Then on to the afternoon’s more practical hands-on session, with plenty of time for questions and discussions.
You’ll come away with all you need to build your unique business net zero plan and a thorough grounding in how to measure your carbon footprint including free access to the Clean Growth UK business carbon calculator.
Some feedback from past attendees:
“I have really enjoyed this course; it has been very insightful and useful for ideas of how to progress our sustainability program.”
“Brilliant course – fantastic facilitation by very credible presenters.”
“I found this course extremely useful, it has kick started our journey!”
Workshop topics in detail:
- Climate change jargon busting
- Why bother?
- Understanding where your business’s carbon emissions come from
- Understanding what a carbon footprint measurement is
- Beyond carbon: a look at circular economy, reducing waste, and innovation
- Measuring your business’s carbon footprint, including energy and buildings, goods and services, waste, transport and more.
- Using a carbon calculator
- Creating a sustainability action plan for your business
- Support and funding available to put your plan into action
Who’s it for?
Micro, small and medium size businesses, including not for profits and charities, based in Brighton and Hove.
About the trainers
Adam Bastock is the founder of Small99, helping small businesses become more sustainable. Having spent a decade working with and in small businesses, he understands the challenges owners have with limited resources and time.
Clean Growth UK have been supporting businesses to innovate, get funding and decarbonise since 2014, and bring with them a wealth of local knowledge and expertise. A member of the team will join Adam to co-facilitate the session.
Book your free spot below before they run out!
This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It’s delivered in partnership with Brighton and Hove City Council and the University of Brighton’s, Clean Growth UK team.
Date: 27 February 2024, 9.30 – 4.00, with welcome and refreshments from 9am.
Venue: University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb Campus, Lewes Road, Brighton
Please note: Tickets are now all sold and the workshop is fully booked.